Sunday, December 7, 2008

We were able to speak to Dan this morning. He is doing well. He was able to stop at a base and get a shower. He said that they will head back out to the desert tomorrow and be out until late December. He really appreciated the boxes sent to him. Thanks to those that sent him somthing! He indicated that he is feeling well and that its been pretty quiet for some time (which is good). But he's just living out of his vehicle. He also said he was sad because he managed to get his ipod smashed so he is without music. So he ordered another one as he said it helps him when he gets stressed to listen to his music. It was great to visit with him.

Late last night he sent us the following email that I thought I'd share:

I just wanted to write and tell you that I'm doing good! I love you and miss you guys so much! We just got to a base and i had my first shower in a month! It was glorious! I got alot of your moto mails! I wish that i was there! I wanna see your play so much mom! That sounds like quite a wonderful experience! I also enjoyed hearing about dads scout camp! I want to go to one with him! I hope that I get more time to write or call tomorrow! Thanks for the box! Please tell Rob and Lynne thanks so much for the box of goodies they sent me! I appreciate it so so much! Also tell gradma thanks for th 12 days of chrismas box! Im gonna write them letters. Anyways, aside from it being 30 degrees in the mornings im doing good! I miss you so so much! love always DAN

0 comments: