We received an email from Dan today informing us that his promotion to Corporal was granted today in a ceremony. He was excited. However, with that came the "initiation". He described it as follows:
"Today has been a great day! I got promoted today! I'm a corporal now, I went through the most beloved right of passage today. I got my blood stripe! The red stripe marine non commissioned officers wear on their blue dress trousers. I walked the gauntlet as each of the NCOs in my platoon Threw a knee into my thighs and pounded my rank into my collar! I'm not gonna lie, although I can barely walk, I'm am so proud I made it this far."
He was brief and said he hopes he can use a phone soon to call us. So other than I'm sure he has sore legs from the gauntlet and shoulders from the ranks being stuck in his skin, he's doing well....
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Dan's promotion
Posted by Bret at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment